Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday! #3


Question: Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does in bring you comfort every time you read it?).  

Hmmm. This is a hard one! I think all books I read affect me in some kind of way. I guess the one that had most effect on me was A Child Called It. It's a great, very very sad book about child abuse and it made me view things so differently. I think that book is a book that EVERYONE should read at least once in their life. The author is actually the child in the book and his voice is a voice that everyone should hear. I'll review it later if you want more details!


6 comments:

  1. A Child Called It was a very emotional book. I remember reading it and crying and not understand how people could be so cruel. Great Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! There are so many books to choose from; this was quite the difficult question for me. I'd love if you checked out what I picked for this FF :D

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could read a book on child abuse. To difficult for me to get thru! There are a lot of cruel and evil people out there.

    Trish @ Tales From...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that book! It was so terrible what he went through but it made an amazing story! :)

    New follower!
    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting title. I remember that book. New follower. It had me thinking about a lot of things. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog hop! I'd love it if you'd follow back at one or all of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnecx.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete